Saturday, November 20, 2021

Distinguished marks

The new pony has so many cool things going for her. At the barn there's a lot of people in her quickly growing fan club. It's kind if nice having everyone talking about my pony. 

Working with her on getting hee feet up and handled- tonight I was able to clean out her hind feet. It was a different and safer way of going about it, but it worked so I'm not one to argue. 

A lot of people have asked about her breeding. Since there are no papers- it's anybody's guess. The left side of her neck and shoulders has leopard appy spots. These are also on her legs. 


Then of course there's the big dark brown spot covering her flanks on both sides. The dark bay  coloring of her head and her dark bay colored spot in her tail. 

Add to that her half blue eye and question mark blaze and she is quite a well marked pony. 

I mean how adorbs is this face?  The difference in her blaze and Izzy's is the direction. She's just such a unique pony. While I questioned her age a few weeks ago, it looks like her knees are closed so she is very likely the 3 years old as represented. (I could check the teeth but more on that in my next post.) This could mean that she may be part P. o. A. instead of Appy. Regardless she is just plain cute and super sweet. What else matters?


2 comments:

  1. She is so cute! When she muscles up, with her color and markings, she is going to be striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I think too. I still can't believe I snagged this one.

    ReplyDelete