Monday, August 29, 2022

Mmmmmm yeah

Mazy's stall was getting low on shavings. To the point where it was getting nasty and wet. Since I had some running around on that side of town to do, I swung by the pallet place and grabbed a bag.

For the whopping price of $25 I get this. Roughly 4x4x4 bag of fine ground sawdust shavings. People look at me strange that I use the whole bag in one stall. But the stalls are big and I like to bed them deep. 

I would say it's roughly 12x18 or 20' and a bag of shavings makes it about 6"-8" deep all over. What can I say? My girls are spoiled. 

The shavings also make it super easy to clean. Because it is such a fine grind, no shaking necessary for the shavings to fall right through the manure fork. Just scoop and lift and it all falls through on its own. A quick rake back and forth to level it out and fluff things up, any missed poop rolls to the top where it is easily spotted and scooped. The wet spots clump like kitty litter. Best stuff ever! 


2 comments:

  1. Wow. That is a fantastic deal and looks very comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live about half way between the barn and the pallet place so it's a win. Smells so good too!

    ReplyDelete