Sunday, August 27, 2023

Grounded!

 Warning, graphic pics ahead.... 

If you've been reading here for any time, you may remember a short time ago when Mazy kicked Casey's ass in the pasture. Well she did it again, only this time much worse. 


These pics are the morning after, after I rinsed Casey off to clean her up

Mazy can be brutal at when she wants to be. I don't know what started this one, what it was about or how it went down, I just know some shit went down. 

Since these two are the only ponies in the pasture- the aggressor here is obvious. This was the Monday after Memorial Day weekend. 


While there is plenty of skin missing, there was a lot more hair missing all over. It was so painful for Casey that just the water running over it had her tucking her ass end up underneath her with hind hooves trying to be in front of the front hooves. 

So I gave her a shot of pain meds to help ease things while I cleaned her up. Trying to stick her with the needle for that? She tried to reach around and take ogf the side of my face. Um NO baby girl. We don't do things that way here. The 3rd attempt I was twitching her with one hand and giving an IV shot with the other. Something I have gotten good at. 

Rinsed her off, cleaned her up and put her away in the stall to have breakfast. Her sister got lectured and now they no longer get to play together. 

I'm just lucky things like this heal rather quickly and with minimal issues later on. Still there will not be another attempt made on anyone's life. I can't afford this. So with all of that pink skin.... Casey goes out at night, Mazy goes our during the day. They are grounded and not allowed to play together anymore. Life will be good this way. Ugh! Mares! 🤷🏼🤦🏼

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Just wow. New turnout plan sounds like a VERY good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I just cant have this anymore. I'm glad it wasn't any worse. Not risking it. It's not worth the biscuit! Lol

    Btw- my comments on your blog are not going thru again....

    ReplyDelete