Saturday, July 11, 2020

More pic's

I found a pair of the Roma open front splint boots online for a good price with free shipping so I ordered them. It took a while and although I was a little impatient- they finally arrived. While Mazy is still pony size, measuring 14.1h she is rather stout and thick in her build. 

She actually wears full horse size boots and size Large bell boots to go on her big ol' feet.  Her other 2 pair of SMB's have recently been cleaned after getting loaded with some kind of crappy weed seeds from when we rode out in the pasture. Getting them clean was a chore so you may understand why I was glad to find these with their hard shell and nothing to stick to. 

Ms Mazy started out nice enough and I'm happy with the way her new boots fit and show off the color of her legs. 


Her head is starting to come up a little here and back hollowing out as a result of that, but a half halt with the outside line brings her back to where she should be. 


I really like the way she has started to move with the Pelham. While I thought it is not allowed as a driving bit, apparently it is. I am still looking for a more traditional driving bit though like either a Liverpool or a butterfly. 

These last three pic's are just such nice shots of Miss Mazy. She's working like she should be, coming up under herself in a nicely balanced frame. 


She's using her big, beautiful hind end and lifting her shoulders. 

And again I picture her in dressage tack moving like this.... *sigh* 


No comments:

Post a Comment