Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Boss Ride!

 Last night I had one of those "Breakthrough" rides on Mazy. The one where it's like all of a sudden everything just clicks into place, all of the cues suddenly make sense, leads and diagonals are nailed. Softness, lightness, straightness and rhythm are all acheived without effort or discussion.... You know- all the things happen like it should and feels perfect. Yeah that kind of ride.

So what changed you might ask? I found a different type of bit and took a chance on it. I also went into the ride thinking I would change a few things on 'how I am asking' for this or that.   

Mazy has never offered, let alone given me long and low work. Trust me, I have tried and it just never happened. Guess what I got? A lot of long and low work. On a loose rein nonetheless. Never happened until now. Now I let her have the reins and she swings along, thru the back, coming up under herself behind, reaching and rolling along in the front, head down and all that... Just wish i had pics of it.... 

Oh wait. Let me dig thru my screenshot file..... 

Yep. Looks long and low to me.

Long and low there too

Still there

A little more active and forward


I wish this one was a little closer and more in focus but still a nice shot

Yep still has it goin' on

I had to throw this one in because my friend "L" is always saying "She has too much knee action!" Sometines it's because Mazy likes to rock back on her rear end and really Lift the front end. While another friend of mine told me, "When you first got her, Mazy had a Lot of action up front while her ass end seemed to trail along in the dust. Now that she has learned to move properly and is balanced, she has just as much action coming from behind. Well done!"   

That was so nice to hear.  Also the saddle seems like it fit. With Mazy reaching out and down, her back isn't shortened or hollow so much as a little bit- making the saddle 'bridge' on her front to back. Hopefully we can keep the mojo going...  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment