Friday, October 23, 2020

Lucky 13

Mazy's 13th drive went off without a hitch. No pun intended. In fact she worked better than A-Mazy-ing so Yay!

In prior drives we have worked on some of the prelim level stuff and this time we worked on it a bit more. She has given me a collected trot in the past and yes we do need to revisit and expand on that, but one of the things she excels at and really seemed to enjoy and do well- the lengthened or extended trot. She's going to be Tough to beat in that catagory....  

When I say she has a lot of power and she's not afraid to use it....  She has a Lot of power and she is definitely Not afraid to use it! Mazy was cruising along in a working trot and as I slowly let her have more rein and pushed for a little more- she responded in spades. Mazy was rocking it like the Badass Boss pony that she is. No complaints here. 

Coming down the long side of the arena at a strong, ground covering trot like hers is an exhilarating feeling. It is an adrenaline rush to feel all of that power literally in your fingertips.  When I asked her to slow things down and come back to a regular working trot, it was about as fluid as it comes. 




This pony is really turning out nice. If I can get a friend of mine to video her in harness soon, I will. There has been a Lot of interest in her recently but then I have had several people who are well respected in the horse industry tell me, "She's a really nice pony and those are not easy to find." "Save your money, buy a marathon carriage and show her yourself."  and my favorite- "Don't let this one slip away. You've made her what she is and yes she belongs at the top, but so do you. She can take you very, very far."   


No comments:

Post a Comment