Friday, July 2, 2021

Mended

With Mazy's shoulder almost all healed up, I have been wanting to try my new bareback pad on her and see how much of her training she has retained. I would like to say All of it, but there was a few  small things missing. Mazy now gives Zero shits about the 'corner of Doom' and 'scary shit over the fence'. She can't be bothered. I'm not upset by this. Quite the opposite actually. 

I found a good deal on a bareback pad- $15 online. It has the rings for stirrup attachment, but no stirrups.  NBD- I can ride with or without stirrups and I have some I can always put on it -either way works. It fit and I hopped on to push some buttons and assess the damage. I planned on nothing more than a walk. 

The arena is a bit soupy in areas, soft and deep in another and slick in other places too. I would have liked to ask for a trot and possibly a canter but not in that footing and not until she's for sure toned up a little to be sure she didn't lose too much muscle with all this down time. We can both wait. We've waited this long.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment