Wednesday, May 4, 2022

What plans?!?!

 

I'm not sure what I was thinking or had in mind for Casey when I bought her. I mean she was a 3 y/o barely started under saddle. I think I wanted a horse I could just be chill with.

A horse that I could putz around on, wander down the trails and just relax with. Pick up a nice easygoing lope and cruise around. 

I mean she just vibed like that in the pics and IRL when I got her. Then when I added good food, grooming and hoof care... Casey came to life. 


She found 3rd gear and makes a Lot of use of it. Obviously she feels good! 


Her trot has also taken on a different kind of mojo. 


No complaints here. While she is still a bit smaller than Mazy in some ways, she has also really developed a motor and has similarly become a little powerhouse in her own right. 


Yet she still remains as sweet as can be. 


With such a pretty face! So soft, sweet and easy to get along with. 

Then there's moments like this where her stride, suspension and reach. are. just. Oh. Hell. Yeah!

All thoughts of a chill and relaxed western horse go right out the window. A trainer friend of mine a few states over said- Two things- 1) Bell Boots are a must! And 2) Dressage! + Her! = YES!!

  

3 comments:

  1. Thank you ladies! Every day I wonder how else she can surprise me. Excuse me while I go find my jaw to pick up off the floor....

    ReplyDelete