Sunday, November 20, 2022

Fail

I have failed to post anything new here recently and here's why. The last week I have been laid up with muscle strains or pulls, tears or just some kind of weird cramping shit going on. It Hurts. Sometimes a Lot. Before anyone asks.... I was riding Mazy again. She needs it, I need it, but it just isn't coming together and then this.

We were once again working on the lope and also playing with spins. Of course one direction is always better than the other. Maybe that's us, maybe its the horse and maybe it's a combination of both. It happens. 


Starting the spin and here she is really beginning to reach across, stepping over. 


Again shes stepping around, crossing over nicely in the front. This shows she is getting lighter in the front end, lifting the shoulders. 


Our lope needs work. Not much of a stretch or reach going on between the front and back legs. 


Leaning much?!?! Saying to myself-> SIT UP!!!


Love the reach here again, but the front end is still on the ground well before it should be. 


Here I am bracing against her a bit and she is doing the same in return. More so with my legs and seat than my hands. 


I really like the power Mazy shows in this pic, just wish the front leg was more out in front- in sinc with the left hind reaching up underneath herself. 

One of the biggest things I have been working on is not picking on my pony all of the time. So to relax we went out trail riding afterwards. Pics to come

2 comments:

  1. I am way behgind posting as well, but it is what it is. Nice to see you in the sadlle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while and good to Be in the saddle again. Get after it posting again! Lol

    ReplyDelete