Monday, July 16, 2018

Hella scores- Intro 1

Izzy's person here- For our first attempt at Western Dressage, we did okay, but we also nailed down some really good scores too. We did two tests- Intro 1 and Into 2. One of the most memorable is on our first test at the very end. Working walk from X to G, halt and salute. We scored an 8 y'all! An 8!! 



If that wasn't good enough, the scribe was using a black pen with the judge signing everything in blue. Comments all the way down the page were in black ink except for the last one.



Do you see that? So very awesome sauce!

Izzy has always had an awesome stop. I taught her early on to feel for my change in position- I would take my legs off her sides and slightly push back, sitting a little deeper before asking for a stop. It didn't take her long to figure it out. I shifted my weight a little and Izzy would shut it down. I didn't have to say a word. What I did say was what a good girl she was as I scratched her neck.

Test 1-
We also received a 7 for our Develop working walk. No comments though so no idea what was so good about it.


The 2 scores of 6.5, were decent, but what about the comments? Is the More Bend mean we need it or we had more of it than necessary? Inquiring minds want to know. 


The two Errors on the test- I do not agree with. I could swear I was doing the test as it is laid out, yet the judge blew the whistle at us twice and had us repeat what we had just done. It was truly a WTF moment. 

Our Collective remarks were pretty impressive with the exception of the 2 errors pinned on me in our WTF moments. Yes Izzy needed a refresher on what the cues were for a free walk. When she's on her game with the free walk- she has a lovely fluidity about her and her overstep is quite substantial. The judge did seem to like Izzy and how could any owner, rider or trainer not appreciate that?  

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the scores! I know you're thrilled about them and you very well should be!

    ReplyDelete